Do students need to attend classes online every day? Yes, students are expected to attend/participate every day summer school is in session. Monday - Thursday for the 3 weeks of Session 1 (June 8-June 25) and/or Session 2 (June 29-July 16).
Can students take more than one summer school class at a time? No, each class is scheduled between the hours of 9am-2:30pm daily. As hours would overlap, students are not allowed to take more than one course at a time. They may take a second course during the second session. Each would earn 5 credits with successful completion.
Who should students contact if they are in need of tech support?
Go to www.wuhsd.org
, the Resources tab, select Student and you will see Chromebook FAQ as the last choice.
If you need additional support for a District issued Chromebook you may
call 562-907-6998 from 8am to 2pm Monday – Friday.
Who do students contact if they need to borrow a textbook, chromebook, or other required supply? Contact the curriculum office at x4020.
How do entering 9th graders access their online classes (Google Classroom)?
Entering 9th graders will be provided with their email and login information, and course supplies before Session 2 begins. Date Wed 6/25 and Monday 6/29 8am at the font gate.
How do I access my class Google Classroom?
- Open your web browser - Chrome preferred
- Go to classroom.google.com
- If asked to log in, use your WUHSD student email and password provided.
- If you do not see the course you are looking for, click on the + icon at the top right and select Join class
- Enter the class code provided by your teacher and click Join
- This will only be done once to join the class
- Once logged in, select the course you are looking to access from those on the home page.
- Once in the Google classroom, be sure to read all announcements and postings in the stream. In addition to student email, this is how teachers will communicate with students.