Hey Class of 2021!
If you'd like to sign up for the ERWC English class next year, please use the link below.
- The Expository Reading and Writing Course (ERWC) was created to improve the college-readiness of high school seniors through developing academic literacy (advanced proficiency in rhetorical and analytical reading, writing, and thinking).
- Research shows that students who take ERWC do better in college.
- ERWC is a major factor when colleges look at multiple measures in considering an applicant’s college acceptance.
- Once a student passes English 4 ERWC with a grade of “C” or higher they will be placed directly into freshman English in college, without the need to take additional supplemental classes. This applies to community colleges, CSUs, and UCs.
- The topics are interesting and relatable, with readings from diverse authors, and focus on finding answers to current issues through discussion and multiple perspectives.
Please sign in using your school email account.
Interest forms are due by June 3, 2020.