The Board of Trustees recently commended members of the 2018-19 Whittier Union Student Advisory Council for their work over the past school year to serve as a bridge between their peers and the District.
Pictured alongside Superintendent Martin Plourde are:
- Maximas Gomez – Santa Fe High School
- Camden Painton – La Serna High School
- Samantha Perez – Pioneer High School
- Izabella Sanchez – Sierra Vista High School
- June Ybarra – Whittier High School
- Alyxandria Phillips – Frontier High School
- Delilah Perez – California High School
Students met monthly with the superintendent to provide feedback on district and school issues. They also gathered student input for the District’s Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP), which guides District spending of state funds to best meet the needs of students.
The students on March 20 toured California’s historic State Capitol and met with local lawmakers to learn about the legislative process. It is part of an annual team building trip organized by the District.